Apple crumble has to be one of the easiest and the most tastiest British desserts.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 45 minutes minutes
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut in to small chunks.
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 250g sugar (granulated or unrefined brown sugar)
- 300g plain flour
- 200g cubed unsalted butter (kept at room temperature)
- Place the apple chunks in to a bowl, pour sugary water in to the bowl till the apples are submerged in water (approx. dissolve 50g sugar in 200ml of water, if more water is needed top up)
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl add the flour, cubes of butter and 150g sugar. Using your finger tips lift the mixture to form crumbs. (Some find it easier to gradually add the butter)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Drain the apples and mix in the cinnamon
- Place the apples in an ovenproof dish (roughly 24cm), then sprinkle the crumbs evenly on top
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the mix us bubbling.
- Serve with cream or warm custard.
This is a great dessert to make with little kids. 😉